Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday's Freaking Smackdown!

Well folks starting today I've decided on making Fridays a little more enjoyable. That means kicking off a Friday Slugfest for you all to launch salvos at while you're doing nothing at work or, as many of our most loyal readers are doing, smoking pot on your couch.

Reading this made me immediately reread the area code to make sure it wasn't a 910 for LB friend of the site.

"(206): A homeless man in dtwn SF was blasting lil wayne and singing at the top of his lungs. I kinda wanted to give him my life savings"

And it touched off a battle that should spark some interest. Going off the sports path as I so readily do and soliciting comments, which I want so badly; here is today's comment fodder (if any of you assclowns can even read this far):

FMyLife vs TFLN

That's right folks today for the fantabulous friday comment debate we will have a which is better battle royale. Be ready to defend your submission.

Have no clue what FML or TFLN is?

First of all kill yourself because:
1) you're obviously out of my demographic and
2) you're a bigger loser than a Lions fan born and raised a crappy town like Flint.

FML aka "Fuck My Life"
http://www.fmylife.com/

Another solid UK import like The Office or Elizabeth Hurley this site spread like wildfire in recent years and has blown up. Folks send in crap that happened to them and other users comment (read denegrate). Here's a classic example:

"Today, my boyfriend told me he couldn't hang out with me because he felt really sick. I went to his house anyway to surprise him with homemade soup. I walk in to his room only to find him hooking up with my sister. She can't drive, our mom drove her there. FML"

Now while formidable TFLN has taken the web by storm in the last 9 months. Its all-american, like apple pie or Molly Sims (if she's from America?).

TFLN aka Texts From Last Night
http://www.textsfromlastnight.com/

Just simply put the messages you get late night from your idiotic, drunk or both friends. Very easy to explain:

(407): i went to disney world today with my friends, met snow white, then saw her later at a bar. she is naked next to me in her bed, passwed out. when you wish upon a star...

Note the spelling error, classic blackberry texting error. I say blackberry because if this kid has an iPhone or some other phone QWERTY phone besides a blackberry I would lose all respect for him (don't worry blackberry vs iPhone will be coming soon).

Do your worst folks!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

6 comments:

Hate Me said...

Today, I got an email from this faceless piece of schmega Felder. He wanted me to comment on his blog and then I realized that I hate him. I wish the "Mike Felder: The Asshole" group was still on facebook because I'd be the Prime Minister. Anyways here's your comment you whore. FML.
Also texts from last night is sooooo much better, they're hilarious. FML makes me feel like a bad person.

Michael Felder said...

Thanks ass. I've got an idea of who you are and let me tell you this buck-o I will find you and I will kill you.

FML makes me feel like a bad person, which I am but reminding me about it is just rude. I'm sticking with FML though because even though it makes me feel like a pimple on the ass of society I still marvel at how much better my life is than those losers. Plus how big of a loser you must be to post it on the web.

Unknown said...

This is a big duhhh for TFLN. I don't care that FML reminds me how much better my life is that most people's. I already know that every day when I wake up at 11 head for the couch or my backyard kiddie pool while the rest of you fuckers get up way earlier than that and go to work. Second, some of the shit of FML is just depressing, whereas TFLN always has just hilarious posts.

And Felder, my area code is 252. It covers North Eastern NC. You may not have known about it since only 17 people live there.

Michael Felder said...

I should've know 252 that is embarrassing and I'm admittedly ashamed of myself. Tomorrow check the live blogroll I'll be doing from confirmed kills day. Survey says AWESOME!

Unknown said...

I don't really have anything relevant to say, but the word verification i have right now is "downs." i have a sneaking suspicion that at least one person i know secretly has this birth defect, so i had to say something. and yes, i'll save you all a seat in hell since we all know that's where i'm going.

Michael Felder said...

Don't worry I'll be right there on the bus to hell with you. Unless its a plane, then I'll try to get in first class because everyone knows the pillows, champagne and food is better up there. Hopefully though it'll be a boat ride...I'm on a boat mother fuckah, I'm on a boat!